Wednesday, September 19, 2007

1st Year Check-Up!

Mommy took me for my 1st year check up yesterday...yuck! It was great timing because I started coughing and weasing the day or so before and it was not getting better. So, I weigh in at 20.4 pounds and 29 inches long. Which makes me long and lean!!! Mommy is so happy to hear that!!! She always wanted to be taller. Dr. Rowland estimates that I might be about 5'5", which is basically "towering" over my Mommy. Woohoo! Anyway, I am right on with 1 year old babies and am no longer considered "preemie". The cough and breathing issues turned out to be a virus paired with strider (I had this when I was in NICU too) and croop. So fun! So, I am now on a steroid medication and hope to be better soon. Mommy says that I sound a little like Darth Vador when I breath...so not funny! Other than that, so far so good. I was not able to get my vaccinations because of the virus...but they did prick my finger and my blood work came back clear. No vitamins for me! I hated the finger prick and the band-aid...so Mommy and I looked like we had been through a knife fight! I will go back for my shots next week and will be well on my way! Check back...I am so close to walking!!!!

No comments: