Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One, Uno, Whatever...It's My Birthday!


Yep, I am one year old today. My Mommy and Daddy woke me up singing and, once I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, I realized that today was a little different than others. First, no more formula with breakfast...only milk. I really liked that! Then, I got to have a party at school...I liked that too! And, all of my bottles have disappeared...another thing that I kind of like. Mommy and Daddy seemed kind of sappy and extra excited that it was my birthday...but that is ok with me.

Can you believe our little Kaitlyn is a year old!?! It has been such an amazing year for our family. Katie has not made it the easiest year (16 days in NICU, heart monitor for 6 months, ear tube surgery, and the every day fun of having a baby), but we would not trade it for ANYTHING! I put this next picture on the blog because it is so hard for me to remember this little baby. Her first 5 days of life were spent just like this. She sure has overcome all of the hurdles that have come before her...and I could not be more proud of my little girl. After this pic came jaundice lamps, swallow tests and yucky feeding tubes. What a champ she was through it all! Thank you all for keeping up with our Katie and watching her become the sweet little girl that she has become. Of course I will continue to blog all of her fun adventures...but this first year sure has been fun to relive each time I open this blog! We go to the doctor next week, so I will post her update at that time.


Here is Katie having her first CUP of milk before dinner. No more bottle, no more formula! What a big girl!


1 comment:

mandy said...

what a year-what a great celebration! thank you for sharing this year with us. it has been a blessing all along the way. we are looking forward to seeing the next year!!