Friday, December 10, 2010

DC Trip

I headed to Washington DC for one of the greatest honors of my life, thus far. I was honored with the invitation to go with my principal to receive the National Blue Ribbon Award for our school, Johnston Middle School. Only 300 or so schools all over the nation were honored with this award, including public and private schools of all levels. We were SERIOUSLY honored to receive this award.

Here I am with the award itself. Along with the tangible award, we get to carry the label as winners, including: a flag to raise at the school, the seal on our letterhead, the bragging rights, and much more!!!! (By the way...I have chopped my hair off since this pic...because of this pic...jeez...why didn't someone tell me I was looking so OLD?!?!)


Luckily, the weather was nice and we had a chance to do some sight seeing. The leaves were changing and they were preparing for the Christmas tree lighting. It was awesome!

Here is "our" house at night...not so much my house right now...but whatever...

Honest Abe and sort-of-honest Kris...(and some random teenagers...thought I was getting away from those for a few days!)

This is just a beautiful picture at the Vietnam Memorial. Look at these colors!!!
What an amazing trip! I took many more pics...these are a random selection...I will definitely need to go back for a longer stay. DC is wonderful!

No comments: