Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cousins, Cousins Everywhere!

We made a trip to Dallas this weekend to be there for the birth of my newest cousin! He decided to be difficult and keep us on our toes until just before midnight Saturday. Luckily, by that time, I was back at the hotel sleeping soundly with my Daddy and Gaga. But, I did get to see him on Sunday and he is so cool! Well, I think he is pretty much taking my "baby" spotlight...but...other than that...he is Baby Ni to me. (That's what I call him.)

Some of the family also came in to see little Nicholas. Here I am hanging with my cousin Anna. We are becoming pretty good friends now that I am not a baby anymore! We ate pizza and I even fed her some bread!


Here is Anna waiting so patiently at the hospital...yep...we were smart enough to bring dvds for this wait!


Nicholas decided to take so long that we went back to Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tamara's house so that we could blow off some steam. Here we are swinging on the hammock. We loved this thing!

And...FINALLY...here is the proud Daddy...Uncle Jeff! Man, we were all excited to have this baby here...but no more than Jeff and Tamara. This birth was a few days in the making!

And, here he is! The first Strauss boy in our family since 1975!!!! Nicholas Ozro Strauss. 8lbs. 9ozs. I think 20 inches. He is healthy and beautiful! Katie now has 3 boy cousins (Austin, Jack and Nick), 5 girls cousins (Dani, Ally, Haley, Anna, and Collins) and another girl cousin due this summer (Uncle Stinky Pete and Aunt Coolie are having a little sister for Anna!) We have this girl thing down...but we really enjoy these boys too!

Nicholas' middle name, Ozro, is after our grandfather Cozzie...that is what we called him...but his name was Ozro Polk Strauss...and Jeff and Tamara are so awesome to honor his legacy and memory with Nicholas Ozro! Thanks for letting us be part of this amazing weekend and we cannot wait to see him again. Hopefully I will have some better pictures of Nick to post...I was too busy looking to take pictures. But, I am so proud that I just could not wait to post him.

No comments: