Sunday, April 29, 2007

Eighth Grade Dance!

Scott and I had the wonderful pleasure to chaperone the 8th grade dance on Friday night at Johnston M. S. I wish that I had some pictures...but I didn't take my camera...my job was to chaperone, not have fun taking pictures. But, it was a lot of fun and the students were so wonderful and thankful. JMS has not allowed the students to have dances for over 10 years. Isn't that crazy? Well, they showed us that they all deserve another chance. It's great to see our students in a different light and interacting with eachother. It reminded me of our 8th grade dance. I tried to track down a picture...but I think they must be in a box in the garage or attic. But it also reminded me that it has been A LONG time since our 8th grade dance and we are OLD! Well, it made me feel old...I don't think we are that old...yet! But it was fun and I thought I would share. JMS gets a bad rap sometimes (I am not sure why...it has some of the best teachers in Houston and the students are so smart and talented) and the students certainly deserve tons of respect after Friday!

2 comments:

mandy said...

we are all very old when you remind us about 8th grade dances! crazy!!! i think i can still remember the dress i wore...how crazy!

Byman said...

Don't make me dig out our 8th grade dance picture. I know I have it and I know I have seen it recently. I might just have to scan it in and email it (no way will I post it on any blog).