Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Our Sweet Great-Grandma (Badger)


This is a picture of Katie and Scott's great grandmother, Badger, taken when Katie was about 4 weeks old. (That makes Badger Katie's great-GREAT grandmother!) We have been so lucky to have her in our lives...she is extra special! Much to our great sadness, Badger is preparing to make her way to Heaven. We were lucky enough to have advance notice so that we could go spend time with her on Sunday. She is still with us and we assume she is preparing herself for a great voyage to be with her loved ones. I am posting this to ask those of you who are willing to please pray that Badger's transition be peaceful for her and her loved ones (there are so many of us out there.)

I had planned on meeting my friend Allison's new baby on Sunday, and thought it pretty bitter sweet to miss meeting this new guy...to say goodbye to such a wonderful woman. Badger loves babies and would have much rather me be holding Davis than holding her hand. But, as I said, Scott and I felt very lucky to have the opportunity to say our goodbyes. I am sure that I will post sometime in the near future that your prayers have helped...I just ask again that you also pray extra hard for her family, especially Darlene (Diva) and Audrey (G.G)...they have been such great support for Badger, in these really tough days.

3 comments:

mandy said...

i will pray for all of you.

Heath and Hilary said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Badger. We will be lifting you up in our thoughts and prayers.

Byman said...

Davis and the Byman family are praying for Badger and your family and look forward to seeing you all sometime soon.